Monday, June 06, 2005

Final T's Correction: A DAY AT WORK by m. Selakovic



Every day I get up at 6.00 in the morning and go to work by car or by bus. My company is far from my flat so I spend about 15 minutes for travelling. Sometimes I get up earlier when I go to the country, and check farms and producers of milk.

I work in a dairy company whose name is IMLEK and I am responsible for the quality of milk and production of milk on farms, as an officer for cattle breeding. I also give advice to farmers woh they can improve their work. Sometimes it is good work, but sometimes it is not, because most of the people do not like to do all things that I must tell them. They think it is not important to clear up the mess and keep their enviroment much cleaner. Since we do not have a good quality of milk yet, we have many problems with sanitary inspection and unfortunately sometimes we can find water in milk.

We are collecting about 53.000 l. of milk at the moment, from our countryside, freeze it and then transport to Belograde.This year we are planning to produce more than 18.000.000 l of milk in order to make a bigger profit. If we do not succeed in that, many of us could be fired.