Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Final T's Correction: A DAY AT WORK - ILLNESS by A.Djuric



Dear Friends,

I want to describe one of my (not so lucky) days at work.
Well, last Friday I had a terrible day at work. The night before I had got a sore throat and a cough and when the morning came I had to go to work. All day I was absolutely exhausted.

Actually, I have to describe my office and the atmosphere in it. There are six of us (employees), who do different jobs. A lot of loud voices, laughing, noise, telephones (four) allways ring, five of my colleagues smoke and everywhere is smoke from cigarettes. It is like a stock-market!!!

So, I tried to finish all my tasks quickly and asked my director to go home.
I made some phone calls to our clients, to different courts and read my mail. I also took a few proceedings against the Bank's debtors, because I have to resort to court to request the Bank's money, when I can't persuade them to pay back the money. It's easy - at first you must be polite to them and demand the money with a smile on your face; but, at the end a legal action is the only way to achieve yours aims! Well, I have to assure bank's interests.

Finally, when the afternoon came I asked my director to let me go home . She gave me permision and my colleague drove me home in his car, because I didn't have enough strength for walking.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Andrijana Djuric!